NEVADA PEOPLE SEARCH!
- ✔ Contact Info
- ✔ Phone Numbers
- ✔ Criminal Records
- ✔ Income Info
- ✔ Neighbors
- ✔ People's Age
- ✔ Property Ownership
- ✔ And Much More
Henderson is located in the southern part and is the second largest city in the U.S. State of Nevada. Henderson City slogan, "A Place to Call Home". The city is nationally recognized for its outstanding parks and recreation system. The border between Henderson and Las Vegas is today virtually non-existent. Money Magazine has ranked Henderson as one of the best cities to live in America and among the top 50 Safest Cities in the United States. The city has 40 parks, 10 golf courses, 9 casinos and 11 miles of trails.
To See And To Do In Henderson
- Clark County Heritage Museum
- The Ocean Spray Factory
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory
- Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens
- Golf Courses
- The Acacia Demonstration Gardens
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
- The Galleria At Sunset
- City Lights Art Gallery
- Henderson City Hall Art Gallery
- Nevada Vintage Race Car Museum
History Of Henderson - Timeline
In 1910, James Miller was the first person to live in the area. The name of the place was Jericho Ranch. In 1929, Jericho Ranch was renamed to Jericho Heights. In 1931, it was the home for many workers who were building the Hower Dam. In 1932, Jericho Heights was renamed to Midway City. In 1936, when the Hower Dam was completed the workers left the city and for a couple of years, it was a ghost town.
In 1941, Basic Magnesium Incorporated opened a factory. Magnesium was an important metal in the manufacture of military equipment. In 1942, the city was supplying the U.S. War Department with magnesium for munitions and airplane parts. Also in 1942, the city's name was renamed to Henderson after the American attorney, businessman, and politician, Charles Belknap Henderson. Charles Belknap Henderson provided a loan to Basic Magnesium Incorporated, and the town took his name. In 1943, the first library opened. In 1944, the first post office opened.
In 1949, Henderson's transition from a temporary industrial town to a more permanent community was guaranteed when C.D. Baker introduced legislation that allowed workers to purchase their housing outright instead of renting it from the company. In 1951, the first number of the Henderson Home News weekly newspaper was published. In 1953, Henderson was incorporated as a city.
In 1954, Direct-dial telephone service became available and the radio station, KBMI-AM, sent their first program. In 1959, the first golf course, the Black Mountain Golf and Country Club, opened. In 1988, at the Pacific Engineering Production Company of Nevada (PEPCON) plant, a fire in the factory and the subsequent explosions killed two people and injured 372 people.